Sunday, March 1, 2015

Sense of Fullfilment

"Some days I'm extremely focus on my career development and future goals. Other days, I just want to quit and become a housewife and bake shit" 

Saw this on my MUA's Instagram post. WOW. I am so feeling this!!! I know I am so blessed because God gave me a full time job, I'm lucky that I've been accepted to three big companies known in the Philippines. I can provide, I can buy and I have the pleasure of buying things that I want and need because of my job. Work is a blessing. (Please slap that to my face. HARD)

After spending three and a half years in the bank industry, I've been promoted once, got an award for being one of the top sellers of the month in our area and joined a cheering competition which by the way, we won 2nd place. I enjoyed it there. I love what I do, I love the people I worked with and most importantly, I always feel a sense of fullfilment. I have goals, I have so many dreams, I wanted to become a good banker and rise high in the corporate ladder.

Then I got tired, lazy, restless, incontented. Suddenly I became lost and I just don't know what to do with myself anymore. Lucky girl that I am, I got accepted in a Hotel industry where you have to work 6 full days a week, you must have an initiative to do things so you can brought something to the table and a position where you'll going to be stuck for a very veeerrrryyyy looooong time. There will be no promotions (as in none at all) Maybe that's what I'm lacking? That sense of fullfilment? From promotions or any activities that can wake up my lazy ass. I wanted to go back to the bank industry and feel that sense of fullfilment again.

My ever supportive husband told me that nothing comes easy. He sends me articles that can "cure" my discomfort. One article said:

"There are no lucky people in this world. Whatever me, you or they have - appearance, family, money, success, sport, career, children - was achieved by a lot of stress, determination and hellish HARD work."

Which I dearly understand. For now, as I am on the process of seeking a bank related job, I will continue to work (not so hard, bahahaha), will try to still love what I do and enjoy perks of having a free lunch everyday, free internet access and of course getting paid by it. HAHAHA!

Help me?

<3 Mrs D




No comments:

Post a Comment