Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Honeymoon

Before we got married, I told Ali that we can have a simple wedding but we have to have a big honeymoon. As the preparation goes, (it took us a year to prepare for a one day event. WHEW!) we wanted this and that... meaning we spent more than our budget and took our Honeymoon money for our wedding. We didn't regret our decision. Our wedding was close to perfect and I am really glad that we didn't have a grand honeymoon compared to other couples. Instead, we had a local, simple, so close to nature honeymoon in Surigao Del Sur.

This was eight months after our wedding. Why wait that long? Its because we have a lot to fix first for our after wedding jitters and time has always been an issue for us since we have 6 days a week, 9-5 full time job.

We had an early flight because we have an action packed day ahead of us. On our first day, we went to Tinuy-an Falls which is known to be the Niagra Falls of the Philippines. We didn't know that you can stay there overnight, if we knew of course, we would try it. It was a 20minute habal-habal ride from the town proper of Bislig. My first ever habal-habal ride! I enjoyed it so much because of the beautiful sceneries before you get to the waterfalls.

After that, we had dinner at Seaview. Part of the Seaview Restaurant was the International Doll House. I'm not really fond of dolls since I was a kid, except for Barbie of course. Hahaha! Some of the Asian dolls looked like my Mom and Aunts! I love the Kimi Dolls from Japan.
















Kimi Dolls
On our second day, we went to Enchanted River in Hinatuan. It is called Enchanted River because of its interesting color and of course its "magical" history. We stayed there until after lunch because of the fish feeding. We are very lucky because we went there on the low season. Where you can really swim with the fishes. The river was beyond 85ft in depth. No one has ever gone thru the end of the tunnel because the one person who tried died. Scarrrrrrrrry!!! But it was all worth it.

We stayed at Sibadan Fish cage. Can you believe that it is located in the middle of the ocean? Yup! Its true!!! We haven't experienced something like this before. So we really have to try it. We got the fan room only for Php400.00/night. We are the only guest that time so we are pampered and served like King and Queen. We also experienced fishing for dinner, eating lobster for the first time, eating crabs only for Php30.00/kilo. YES!!! THIRTY PESOS LANG SYA!!! OMG I can eat crabs all day! Kawawa lang naman talaga ang puso ko sa cholesterol. Haha! 

We certainly enjoy our stay here. We thank Rd and his family for their hospitality. Not just because were the only guests but they are truly and genuinely good people. Actually, all of the people that we met in our Suri Adventure was so hospitable and kind hearted.



























Rd
On our third day, we checked out at 8am because our travel time is 5 hours, just in time for our flight back to home base.

Look at that silly, happy face of my beloved. You know why my husband is so happy? Because he loves outdoors, nature and adventure. For me, I just love and lust for travel, take me anywhere, I'll be so glad and I will enjoy it for sure.

Compromising is one thing that we always practice as a couple (even before we got married). I value what he wants and he respects what I also want. We make sure to give in to each other's needs and wants for a perfect idea. Like our little honeymoon adventure.

<3 Mrs. D

No comments:

Post a Comment