Tuesday, March 17, 2015

On Marriage: You and your spouse are one

On marriage:  You and your spouse are one. Therefore include your spouse in every decision you make. If you truly love your spouse, his/her opinion should matter to you. - Isaac Kubvoruno

 Ali and I agreed to place a small plant in our bathroom to make it look home-y. After work, I went to the mall to check out some artificial plant. Since it is for our bathroom, I decided not to buy all by myself. Instead, I asked my husband to pick me up and together we decide which plant are we going to buy.



Back when I was still single, I decide on my own, I can choose for myself and buy anything without asking anyone if its a-okay. I do rely on my parents sometimes because yes, their opinion matters and they are my parents. Given na yun.

Since I got married and vowed to the Lord that me and my husband are now as ONE, my husband's opinion is the one that matters the most. Its not that I can't decide on my own or I always depend on my husband, it is because we are, we act, we think and we decide as ONE now. Its WE not I, its OURS not mine.  Of course, I still do make my own decisions, I just don't think for myself anymore, but for my husband and our future as well.

At the end of the day, we respect and value each other's opinion and decisions. Its important for us to talk about things that matters most.

<3 Mrs. D



No comments:

Post a Comment