Friday, March 20, 2015

My First Color Manila 3k Run Challenge

As I begun the year 2015, I pledged to myself to fully commit into fitness and be in my ideal weight, 100lbs to be exact by the end of the year (or earlier because we were planning to have a baby soon!). On January, I tried Zumba again until end of February, but still, my mind made excuses, my body chose the couch potato that I got used to for the past year.

Few weeks back I was looking for an inspiration to get my lazy ass going. Then I saw a colleague from my past work who aims to finish the 42k Bull Runner Marathon. Her journey to 42k took one whole year. She runs, do yoga, dance and lift weights, even when she travels, she never left her running shoes behind. Then the day of her 42k race came and she finished first! I am so happy for her though we never talked that much but yes, I'm still happy for her from a far. Hehehe!

My previous post is also connected with this. Click Here

"There are no lucky people in this world. Whatever me, you or they have - appearance, family, money, success, sport, career, children - was achieved by a lot of stress, determination and hellish HARD work."

I want to have something to achieve, something to accomplish for myself. To have that sense of fulfillmentThis pushed me to sign up for the Color Manila Run on April 19, 2015 at Mall of Asia. So I still have 28 days to train.


I signed up for a 3K run challenge. I know its not a big deal but for me it is. It will be my first time to join a marathon and aiming to finish with a medal. I joined a few fun runs before but I ended up walking and not finishing it. 

I am currently researching for a 28 day running plan to help me succeed in this marathon. I have low endurance and stamina so I MUST work on that. It can also help me get back on track for my fitness goals. 
I started practicing yoga yesterday and danced hip-hop abs at home. Hahaha! I'm counting it as my Day1. 

Wish me luck!

<3 Mrs. D

No comments:

Post a Comment