Monday, March 23, 2015

On Career: Don't make others look bad so you can uplift yourself.


































In the corporate world, we all know that to be able to climb up the ladder you really have to work your hardest and compete with other colleagues who are also fit in the position. I believe that and I know how hard it is to compete with your colleagues whom you made friends with. As my previous boss said:

"It is a friendly competition"

Although many of us take this light, or in a friendly manner, some just give in to dirty fights. They'll do everything and anything to make others look bad just to uplift themselves, and for me its just WRONG. May pinaghuhugutan talaga ako. Hahaha! 

Soon I'll be transferring to another department with a higher position. (YES, I'm bragging about my somehow PROMOTION. Hohoho! Thank you God!) Someone told my superior that I am not doing well with my work and I didn't took care of my accounts. Somehow it hit me, yes, maybe I didn't give my best, maybe I didn't hit my targets for a few months, maybe I didn't have a good relationship with my clients and I am very lazy to go on provincial sales calls.

Then the other part of my brain talks, yes, you didn't give your best but look at where you are right now? Soon to be in a higher position, the position you are aiming for since you started working. You didn't hit your targets for a few months, but the Hotel Manager saw a potential in you that you can sell. 

I told my husband what happened. He just smiled and said: "Darling, they're just insecure. So don't mind them and just be happy that God has blessed you" That time, I think God is talking to me through my husband. There are so many people that will bring me down but no matter what they do, what they say and what they think, you just have to keep getting better. The sweetest revenge is for them to see that you're happy and successful. Lalala... *insert happy dance here*

I'll just leave you with my husband's word of wisdom:

"Being kind is easy and being rude is easier. But if you chose to be kind, it will give you a satisfying feeling of happiness"


<3 Mrs. D











No comments:

Post a Comment